Friday, December 5, 2008

11 Days and Counting...

Hello there.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Nicole Kaiser. I'm 19 years old and I have been selected for LapBand surgery. My surgery date is December 16th, at 8 A.M.

Okay, now that we're over formalities, let me give you the basic facts.

1. I'm pretty young for this surgery, not the youngest, but I'm certainly not the oldest either.
2. I'm the thrid person getting this done through the NEW (Nutrition, Exercise, Weight Management) Kids Program at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
3. I have to literally turn my life around, and start over. Each coping method that I have taken up over the years (aka: eating my feelings, stress eating, ect.) will have to be thrown out the window and I'll have to learn new ones.
4. My self-esteem has been shattered over the years, and I'm tired of being the unhealthy fat kid.
5. I'm getting this surgery to better my goal to a healthy lifestyle, because I would at least like to see my grandchildren (not that I have any children presently, but you know what I mean), and not die at 40 from diabetes, heart disease or cancer.
6. This surgery is not to be taken lightly. This is a complete and total 100% lifestyle change.
7. I'm in it to win it. I want to be the best lap band patient that NEW Kids have dealt with. I really want to shine, and prove not only to myself but to others that I will be successful no matter what.
8. With the help of certain people I intend to be successful. My wonderful team...I won't drop names, I'm not that kind of girl.
9. I'm not making a goal weight. I understand this surgery has a two year window to be as successful as possible, but I feel like if I put a goal weight out there, and don't hit it, I'll be so disappointed in myself. I want to feel healthy again. That's my goal.
10. I'm here for the support of others and to give a little motivation to other LapBand patients.

Together we'll make this journey incredible, amazing and fantastic. Now, don't get me wrong. This journey won't be all sunshines and butterflies, and I realize that, but with the proper motivation I'll get through the bad times as well.

Okay, now that you've met me. Feel free to check back every few days, I'll post as much as I can. Good luck to all you out there who are on this journey as well.

Sincerely,
Me.

No comments: